Baby Coats Buying Guide – 9 Tips for the Perfect Baby Winter Coat
Have you ever thought about how your little toddler copes with the ever changing weather? Especially when winters are around the corner, you need to make sure that your little one has the best protection against such a harsh climate. The best way to protect your baby is by bundling them up in a baby coat or two or even a baby snowsuit.
But how do you know what kind of baby winter coats to buy and whether the baby coat would even keep your kid warm. Here are some of the most important things you need to remember when buying baby coat for your toddler.
1. Whenever you are buying baby girl coats or baby boy coats, keep in mind the fact that you need to have at least a general idea of the size of coat your kid wears. Read the label of the baby coat carefully before buying one. The label should basically read the age of a baby in months. This will help you determine which one would be perfect for your baby according to his/her age.
2. If you are still not sure about the right size of the baby coat, then stick to a safer option, buy a slightly bigger size than you think is the specified size for the baby. The best part about having a slightly bigger coat, is that it not only prevents the baby from outgrowing it for some time, but it also helps you layer more clothing inside of it. Layering is your safest option when it comes to keeping your rug rat cozy.
3. Make sure you check the closures of the baby coats you buy for your baby. Coat closures which have zips, snaps and Velcro work well, and make it easier for you and your child to get the coat on or off quickly.
4. Put your sale shopping to good use. If you are out shopping for baby coats and baby clothes and you spy a sale, then start buying winter coats for your baby keeping in mind the coming winter and even the next. This helps you save money as well as time.
5. The weight of the winter wear matters a lot. Though the thicker baby coats/ baby pea coats, no doubt, are warmer, they tend to restrict a child’s movement and will more often than not make the child uncomfortable. Remember, almost for every climate, a thinner baby winter coat would work just fine for a baby. You can also look into baby coats that have removable liners, which help in making it adjustable for temperature variations.
6. Are you traveling with your little on? In that case, you need to choose a thinner winter baby coat that does not create any interference with any of the car harness adjustments. Do not on any account use thick fur coats on the baby when traveling.
7. There are many baby coats available out there which can be worn in various weather conditions by the child and this also help you save money, because you don’t have to buy a different baby coat hangers for every other climate change.
8. What kind of a fabric is used in a winter baby coat is very important for the baby. Buy organic baby clothes made from silk or cotton ideally as they are not only durable and strong, but they also do not cause any itchiness to the kid’s sensitive skin.
9. Lastly, do not overdo it. Infants only need one additional layer of clothing more than adults to stay warm. You do not want your kid to get overheated so the best option for you here is to layer thin clothing underneath a light winter baby coat or a fleece coat.
Using these essential points, we hope that you would be able to keep that mini-you of yours warm and comfortable throughout the winter climate and would be able to enjoy the harshest of winters to the fullest with him/her.